Will this be available in print?

Aug 6, 2008 at 8:04 PM
Will this be available in print?
http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1218052944/ref=sr_st?rs=1000&page=1&rh=i%3Astripbooks%2Cp_27%3AMicrosoft+Corporation&sort=daterank
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2008 at 12:57 AM
Hi  Tadanderson,
There are currently no plans to put it into print.  Perhaps stating the obvious, but the PDF is free and can be printed out double sided for a reference. It's includes the page numbers that match the numbers adobe assigns in the PDF. We also will be putting this on MSDN, though in an altered format.

But....

It's just a matter of demand.  It costs us money to put it into print and will cost you money to buy the book, of course.

Anyone who wants this item to be in print, please post to this thread to let us know.  It would also help to know what needs the other formats (HTML, MSDN, PDF) are not meeting. Tell us why print is better for you.

Rob Boucher
Aug 25, 2008 at 1:08 AM
I would like to see it in print, primarily because I can take it with me wherever I go. Seriously, I can read it on a plane, in a car, on a train, etc. I can mark it up, scribble on it, etc. I know I can do all that as well if I print it out, but, I've printed out long articles, small books, etc. I find that looseleaf printing (such as a home-office, or small business office can provide) leaves a lot to be desired vs a real book. To be honest, I'm old, and I just like books better.

2 options you may consider that may obviate the discussion and cost.

1) Many small press publishers are taking advantage of on-demand printing (see www.lulu.com). I believe that they'll pass the printing charges on to me.
2) Include a copyright release (or whatever its called), so I can take the PDF to my local Kinko's (or whatever) and let them print it. Your copyright information specifically states this document cannot be reproduced, so most reputable print shops won't touch it with a 10' pole.

Thanks for the great work regardless,
Chris Snyder
Sep 8, 2008 at 8:50 PM
This book is full of great information.  I too would like to take it with me in a plane, train or automobile and also hate staring squinty eyed at a computer screen trying to read anything more than a paragraph or two.  I'd definitely order in print!
Coordinator
Sep 24, 2008 at 9:13 PM
Thanks for the comments.  We are monitoring this thread to determine demand for a print book so keep them coming.